Thursday 29 March 2012

April, Part Seven

During the course of the next two or three days I called April's telephone number, but never got a reply. She did not contact me, so I was tempted to just forget the whole thing and put her down as a casual shag, but something puzzled me, and I do so hate things that are a puzzle to me.

Had April been some minger that I had picked up in a bar late at night and given a seeing to down a back alley in a knee trembling sort of way, then the fact that it was a one off would not have troubled me. However, that was not the case with this woman. In fact, she had chased me that day in the park and most of the phone calls and texts that came afterwards had come from her. Given that she had not complained about the actual sex - quite the reverse in fact - what the devil was going on now? I decided to investigate.

Since April refused to take my calls or answer my texts I drove over to the house where we had enjoyed our afternoon together. I had no plan in mind, but living in Mexico all those years taught me a thing or two about how to get answers from people, so I went to the bank and got out a wad of nice, crisp notes.

I arrived at the house and knocked on the door, which was opened a moment later by a fat sack of blubber in her mid-forties who eyed me with rat-like suspicion. I explained who I was and what I was after and I saw a kind of nervous smile break out in between all the fat on her revolting face.

"Relax, I'm not here to cause your trouble," I told her.

"Why do you want to know things?"

"I am of a curious bent.Let's have a chat," I said.

The fat face was now smirking. Christ - why she trying to be coquettish? Yes, she was. Never mind, I thought, as I ploughed ahead.

The creatures invited me in and went to make some tea. When she returned the story she told amazed even me.

She was April's cleaner and over the years the two women had got to know each other. Creature features knew that April was seeing other men and one day had jokingly told her that if she needed a place to take them that was discrete then the creature's house was at April's beck and call.

"What! How often does she bring blokes here?"

"Two or three times a month," was the creature's prompt reply.

"I met her in a park, she can't do that in mid-winter, can she? What does she do, pick them up in bars I suppose?"

"Naah, got herself on a dating site. They come to her and she picks out the ones that she wants and writes to 'em," creature-features said with a smile.

"Why doesn't she stick with one?"

"Are you faithful?"

"It's not about faithfulness. If I meet a woman with a friendly pussy then I will carry on fucking her even if I don't like her all that much," I explained. 

"April's not like that. She enjoys having fellas chase her and then the build-up to the big day. As soon as it is over she wants them out because there will be another one waiting in the wings."

"How does it work? Can you explain it to me?"

"She gets a message from a guy that she fancies on the site. She writes to him and if they hit it off then they plan to meet. What turns her on is that planning - all the texts and phone calls. Chatting about what they are going to do to each other when they get together: that's the real turn-on. The sex is just about ending it so she can move on," creature-features explained.

"It seems an awful lot of trouble for a simple shag," I said at length, shaking my head in bewilderment.

"That's 'cos you're a fella," the creature said. "All you want is sex, but April wants to feel desired, to feel wanted like a woman needs to be wanted. Her husband only thinks about work," she concluded.

I could have explained that if it had not been for the husband April would probably be sucking cock for money, not fun, but I decided not to bother.I stood up to leave and thanked her for her time.

"I'm at a bit of a loose end this coming weekend, the creature said, with a hopeful glint in her eye. "Are you doing anything?"

It was on the tip of my tongue to tell her truthfully that if she had the last pussy one earth I would still sooner have had a wank, but why make enemies? I made my excuses and left the house as quickly as possible.

Driving back I had to smile at April and her foolishness. Only a woman could go to all that trouble for a bodily function, which is all a shag is. A necessary one, admittedly, just like having a shit, but nothing more than that at the end of the day. 

Then I had a thought: how many other women were there like April, bored out of their superficial little minds as their wretched husbands struggled to keep the family afloat?

That night I joined a dating site to find out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Nick, in retrospect it's a good thing you gave her such a sound spanking, while you had the chance! One feels she deserved it for the callous way she dumped you after she'd had her fun.

Interesting to find a woman like her, who goes after men in much the same way men stereotypically go after women.

Was she the only woman you ever met who operated in this way? Or did you encounter others of this sort?

Important research you're doing here, Nick. Should write it up like some mock sociological study -- for your next book perhaps.

Karl Friedrich Gauss

Uncle Nick said...

Yes, I did meet quite a few over the past couple of years. Not quite sure what is going on, but good time girls who are after affection rather than the traditional good time are getting more and more common.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...