Friday 4 March 2011

Should spankers adopt the BDSM triskele?

Should the spankers have their own logo, or should we just accept the BDSM triskele as pictured on the left?

I take the view that we are all under the BDSM umbrella, but I do accept that I am in the minority here. Most spankers seem to believe that we are as far from BDSM as chalk is from cheese. I have had far more conversations than I care to remember with spankers who have propounded that view ad nauseam et ad infinitum...  For my part I think that we should concentrate on the areas where the two connect, and not constantly harp on about our differences.

I did think about having some business cards printed up using the OTK shadow, but that is far too obvious for day to day use. It would be great if someone could come up with a spankers' logo to match the BDSM triskele, but pending that happy day we should accept what already exists and go with that flow. The triskele is discrete enough so that people who are not into la cosa nostra will not be disturbed by it, and it announces our presence to those in the know.

What do people think about this? Should we have our own emblem or just use the already existing BDSM one?

10 comments:

sixofthebest said...

Uncle Nick, I believe that 'spanko's are a different branch from BDSM. We favor above all the 'bottom', that beautiful, wonderous, voluptous bottom, and find ways to spank it lovingly, in all its various ways.

Zelle said...

Greetings Uncle Nick! I found my way here via Bonnie's blog and a mention of "The Pink Papers".. which led to a photo on Pink's tumblr page that brought me to you. (whewh!) LOL

Anyhow.. I agree with you.. BDSM has their universal logo.. and so.. I felt compelled to make myself one for spanking! (seeing as how I'm a teeny bit "BDSM LIGHT".. I did live the universal symbol in the middle of my logo!)

CLICK THIS TO SEE MY VERSION!

Zelle said...

ps... if you like it at all.. feel free to use it. :-)

Zelle

Uncle Nick said...

It fails one test, Zelle. It draws attention to itself whereas the BDSM logo is discrete. If you are into la cosa nostra then you understand, otherwise it is just a triskele.

I think the main difference between BDSM and us is that they are into clothing, dungeons and, often, bondage, whereas we are bottom smackers, as Six' points out. That said, we do fit under their umbrella, but they do not come udner ours, so let's use their logo.

Zelle said...

I sorta just pimped ya out!.. hope ya don't mind! (grins)

Zelle said...

You do have a point... but mine.. I'll use for my spanking crowd.. and try to come up with one a little less "figure-out-able".. LOL

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND! :-)

Anonymous said...

Some years ago here in the UK, Janus magazine suggested a badge with 31 on it. The 3 repersenting a bottom and the 1 representing a cane.

Zelle said...

Ahhhh .. interesting on the "3" and the "1" idea.. It's innovative for usre.. except.. good lord I hate canes.. to me that's not "spanking". Not quite sure "where" I categorize "canes" in the "what it is that we do category" .. but I don't associate them with a "spanking". So I'd not like that kind of "Janus logo" idea.

(and could I have used any more quotes in that comment? LOL)

Uncle Nick said...

No, the cane is not spanking as the latter is over the knee, but I sort of like the idea of the 31 image.

Uncle Nick said...

Hang on - I've just had the dog's bollocks of an idea. Let's use the image of Janus. There is no copyright on a drawing of a Roman god, and it gives us deniability if needed.

Zelle, do me a favour? I don't understand your "pimped ya out" comment. I looked at your blog and saw that you had taken my BDSM logo jpg, so is that what it means? It would have been nice if you had told folk where you got it from, but never mind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...