Friday 25 June 2010

Trade Tales: Antonia du Bois


Does anybody remember Antonia du Bois? She appeared on the scene out of nowhere in early 1983 and by the end of the year she had vanished. She did a photo-shoot for Janus which appeared in issue 20. She was interviewed by the magazine for issue 24 and she made her one and only video, The Disciplinarian, also for Janus. You can watch the video here, but what happened to Antonia?


In her interview Antonia told the story of being recognised by two girls on a bus. This story seems to have been half-remembered by people who often claim that her father found out about her activities which forced her to drop out in rather a hurry. Given that the girl really did live in Hampstead, one of the swisher parts of London, that story cannot be entirely ruled out. That said, she must have know what she was getting into before she made her first shoot, so it is stretching credulity a bit.

Another and more likely version is that she had a life as a catalogue model and the agency she worked for warned her that the spanking work might effect her more vanilla activities.

One thing is clear and that is that Antonia was unwilling to take a serious thrashing. If you watch The Disciplinarian then you will see that the screen fades to black some three strokes into what was supposed to be a 12 whack final tawsing. Basically Antonia jumped up, fled the set and refused to return. The video was completed with a voice-over in the hope that nobody would notice.


So what happened to Antonia? My guess is that the demands of video spanking were too much for her. That coupled with the potential loss of earnings from her other work led her to vanish from the scene as quickly as she had arrived on it just a few short months earlier.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

She, Anna, became a psychiatric nurse. Antonia du Bois was not, of course, her real name. I worked with her for a while.

Anonymous said...

One other thing. You say she really did live in Hampstead. It`s news to me. She had attended a Polytechnic in East London when modelling as A du B so probably lived in East London during term. Her family home was in Luton. She probably quit modelling to start her nursing career. As a former colleague I could never quite work her out. Some of us knew a lot a more about her than she knew but we didn`t let on.

Anonymous said...

I hate to disappoint but I forgot to mention one final thing. Anna was`nt blond but a brunette. She changed her appearance (and name) for the modelling.

Anonymous said...

I chanced across this blog, and it brought so many delicious memories flooding back! I often wondered who she was in real life. The picture set in Janus I still find amongst the most erotic, despite the hundreds i have seen since. What a tragedy they had such a paid-up dork as the disciplinarian in the video.

One final thing I remeber from the published interview! "Antonia" admitted that she herself had been punished at home with the cane. There was no reason for her to be untruthful, and everytime I see photo of her now, I think of teenage Antonia bend over for her mum.

Uncle Nick said...

I doubt if the first commentator will see my answer since he wrote almost six months ago, but I would like to thank him for his remarks. The only information I have about Antonia comes from the tales that are told within the trade, so thank you for the new information. If you do read this, can you get in touch with me on strictuncle@gmail.com?

I would be dubious about anything that Janus ran and which purported to be an interview. They wrote what their punters wanted to read...

Anonymous said...

I don't think it's too difficult to work out why she left and didn't return. It's the rsponsibility of the dom to take the sub's tolerance level into account. Sometimes it can be difficult to guage, but the implement they were using on her was the kind of thing that even an experienced sub might object to. They overdid it, pure and simple. I don't blame her for walking out.

Uncle Nick said...

That's pretty much what I said, but I do blame her for walking out. She was being paid to do a job, and her enjoyment of lack of it, is incidental to that.

FatherJon said...

I'm not surprised she quit. That was the worst caning I've ever seen. All over the joint.
FatherJon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...