Monday 6 February 2012

A Spanking Good Book Review

Katerina over at the Bottoms Up Book Review page has given A Spanking Good Life the once-over, so let's start by thanking her for that. I suppose all authors are supposed to hate reviewers, but I take the view that there is no such thing as bad publicity and since Katerina's site is the must-go place for reviews of the latest spanking books, the publicity that she has given me is pure gold.

Needless to say I am going to take issue with two of her points. The first is that my book deals with "a handful of encounters" that I have had over the years. I think that twenty-three is rather more than a handful, but never mind, as that comes down to opinion.

More importantly, Katerina argues that I have "a contempt and obvious disdain for the fairer sex," and that is something which I am dubious about to put it mildly. Looking at the accounts in the book, Paloma and Caroline both emerged as clear winners in our encounters, and that is acknowledged in the text. The fact that I ended some other encounters as master of the battlefield only proves that you win some and you lose some.

Let me not quibble about minor matters. Katerina makes the point that men either like my book or they don't, but that women will probably hate it, but will want to carry on reading it to the end. Actually, women seem to either love the book to bits or hate it with a passion, but so long as everyone buys the thing I am not going to complain about their motives.

The fact that sales have increased is due in no small measure to Katerina, so my thanks go, once again, to her.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...